Open Evening - In the Mix Youth Project CORE
Free training for young people and adults
In The Mix Youth Project’s
Open Evening On Thursday 11th May 2017
In Base Youth Centre Wiveliscombe
To all Organisations that work with young people and young adults between 16-25. this a fantastic opportunity hopefully you will be able to pass on to others.
Free training for young people and young adults in Taunton Deane & West Somerset
Please come and find out more on at 1900 at The
Base Youth Centre in Wiveliscombe
Organisations, Agencies and participants welcome!
In The Mix Youth Project have secured funding to deliver a training programme developing skills in young people and young adults . The programme is devised of a number of different elements which we feel prepares the participant for a career in many areas of work.
We are holding a session to come and find out more on Thursday 11th May 2017.
Transport by means of our minibus can be provided to the session and we would be pleased to meet any of your young people who just want to find out more with no obligation to continue.
Places are limited as we wish to keep group sizes small to ensure quality of provision and quality of offer of volunteer placement. Why not come along and find out more and see if the Core Group is a way forward for your career.
How to book as a referral or as a individual
We have produced a simple referral form for organisations to refer young people and young adults to the programme who would find this useful for them,. this can be sent back to ITMYP directly. Please ask for form and we will send it to you otherwise young people and adult can book by link below TRANSPORT IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Being part of the Core can offer many things for participants, accredited training ,wider social group , chance learn and develop
And also including the following
- A volunteer placement at the youth centre - this could be in youth work, administration or marketing
- Training to get new skills - this would include safeguarding, health and safety and employability with a focus on youth work with a view to moving forward into paid work or further education on completion of the training, support with English and maths and signposting to further training and careers advice.
- The creating, organising and participation of community events and social action in the local area as well create an event of your own with the team.
- Participation in photography, film, radio and media projects
- Outdoor educational activities such as;
- camping, planning excursions and bush craft
- Training in event planning, risk assessments, food hygiene, first aid and positive communication (accredited)
- Social activities - Having FUN is a major part of the programme
Please feel free to contact Paul Black on PBlack@inthemixproject.org.uk if you have any questions and we will pleased to help.
We looking forward seeing you!
In The Mix Youth Project