Wiveliscombe Town Hall lease signed
An asset for the community
The Wiveliscombe Town Hall Trust (WHTH), a registered charity, has finally completed the process of signing a lease with the Co-op to take on and manage the Town Hall.
In the future, the Trust will make use of the Town Hall as an asset for the community.
Wiveliscombe Town Hall, known during the 19th century as the Assembly Rooms, was home to the Magistrates Court and was the focus for social and public life with regular cinema shows until well into the 1950s. It has been owned by the Co-op since just after the First World War, but was closed to public use in 1958.
For more details, see front page of Messenger 105 of Feb/March 2015.