Free WiFi in Wiveliscombe town centre
Find out how to connect
Free Wi-Fi has been introduced to the centre of Wiveliscombe to boost trade and make life easier for residents and visitors. Residents and visitors will be able to use the free WiFi 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
People are able to enjoy free and unlimited WiFi simply by connecting via their social media accounts. Anyone without social media will need to sign up initially, with the system recognising them on their return.
Wiveliscombe has joined Britain's growing list of 'Smart Places' alongside Taunton town centre and railway station and Wellington, after investment by Taunton Deane Borough Council. The Taunton Deane Open WiFi service will deliver a significant boost for businesses in the borough, helping them to market their products in the area.
Q&A and Usage Instructions
Do I have to register?
Registration is required to access the Open WiFi in any of the four venues. Once you have registered in one of the locations listed you will be able to enjoy the Open WiFi in any of the other ones.
How do I connect to the Open WiFi?
Connecting to the Taunton Deane Open WiFi is simple.
- In the WiFi settings on your device simply select the network you would like to join. (_VisitWivey, _VisitTaunton or _VisitWelly).
- Allow a few seconds for your device to connect, then open your web application and refresh the page.
- You will see our landing page and here you are given the option to log in using a form or various social media profiles.
- If you select the form please fill out the details
- However, if you select to log in using a social media account please use your account log in details.
- You will be directed to the Visit Taunton/Wellington/Wiveliscombe website, take a look to see what is going on in the area.
- You are now connected! Please note that apps requiring internet connection will not work until you have logged in successfully.
What devices can I use to connect?
The Open WiFi can be accessed on any device, including mobile phones, tablets and laptops.
Does it cost to use the service?
The Taunton Deane Open WiFi is free to use.
Why am I being asked to reconnect?
Your device may lose the Open WiFi connection for a number of reasons.
- The device can be inactive for over 15 minutes.
- The device has been active for over 2 hours.
- The device is out of the range of the router.
- The device may have connected to a stronger, known WiFi connection.
Is this connection safe?
This is a safe connection and meets the standards of the Friendly WiFi scheme. For more information about Friendly WiFi please see https://www.friendlywifi.com/
Will I receive Marketing material once I sign up to the Open WiFi?
TDBC/Visit Taunton will be providing you with regular e-newsletters containing news on events, special offers and promotions on the town you have signed up to, you can opt out of these communications at any time.
What are the Terms and Conditions of use?
The Terms and Conditions of use can be found on the landing page.