The Wiveliscombe Community Office has been set up to further the needs of the community and to be an important part of life in the town The Community Office is situated in The Square, Wiveliscombe and is owned by the Wiveliscombe Area Partnership (WAP). It is staffed by two part-time employees, supported by numerous volunteers to manage the office and deal with running and managing Wivey Link.
- Monday to Friday: 10.00am - 1.00pm (excl. Bank holidays)
- Saturday: 10.00am - 12.30pm
- Community & tourism information
- Bus timetables
- General printing needs, including photocopying & lamination
- Provision of recycling caddy bags and 'Scoop the Poop' bags
- Newspapers to read (in the office)
- Planning applications for viewing
- Official document storage
- Meeting rooms - booking forms available
- Ten Parishes information and workbase
- Management of information on local notice boards (eg the Square)
- Booking of space in the Square for local events such as local fund raising, music etc
- Lost property box
- Wiveliscombe Messenger (quarterly publication)
- Collection service for items for re-use or recycling such as jam jars, old mobile phones, used stamps, empty inkjet and laser cartridges
- Provision of tickets for local 10 Parish events as appropriate
- Regular sessions are held for the following:
- Citizens Advice Bureau: On-line access only through use of Community Office Public PC plus one trip via Wivey Link to a local CAB office as necessary.
- Moorvale credit union: Thursday 09.30am - 11.00am
- Parish counsellor surgeries: Saturday 10.30am - 11.30am
- Police surgeries: Wednesday 11.00am -1.00pm
The office is also the base for Wivey Link, a community based transport service for the area around Wiveliscombe. The drivers are all volunteers whilst the service is maintained by staff in the Community Office. Bookings can be made from Monday to Friday between 09.00am to 1.00pm, Bank Holidays excepted.