The Netbox Project: Making Links for Local Learning
What is Netbox?
"Imagine a website that supports a vibrant local exchange for adult learners - mentoring, talks, skill shares, workshops and more - populated with the skills and knowledge of your community. Say you want to learn food growing, improve your professional networking skills or brush up on your politics. With the click of a button you could find a Wivey local, willing and able to teach you."
Netbox will be a dynamic community-led adult learning resource aimed at increasing opportunities for access to skills and knowledge in Wiveliscombe. Funded by the EU Lifelong Learning Programme, Netbox is using an innovative approach to creating Community Learning Social Networks for 6 small rural towns across Europe.
In these times of funding cuts, a wobbling economy and a fast changing world, Netbox aims to support local resilience and meet local needs by building on the strengths and resources at the heart of the community.
The project begins with a creative research process over the coming months to build a Community Audit of knowledge assets, needs and opportunities. We want to hear from you!
For more information about Netbox in Wivey read on (More coming soon)
For more about the EU project see www.netboxproject.eu
- Looking for volunteers for local research team. Get in touch!
- Part time paid work available to help run local team. See below
- Residents' questionnaire available now to fill in online. See Below
- Look out for Netbox in the Wiveliscombe Library Window on 1st August!
To get in touch Contact Iwan@superact.org.uk
To go straight to the on-line questionnaire
- Residents full version:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/netboxresidents
- Residents mini-version:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/netboxresidentsmini
- Service providers:https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/netboxorganisations
Get Involved: Join the Local Research Team
These online questionnaires are only one way to conduct our community audit. They also exist in print form and we are looking for members of the community willing to interview others in person and to co-host some more interactive activities like stalls or focus groups. There will be lots of different things to do so we can match your skills and interests.
All team members will be offered an induction experience and be supported to have fun getting the research done.
Everyone in the team will be invited to a session in September when we will reflect on what we've found during the research and make recommendations to the technical team on how the Wiveliscombe Netbox could be and what opportunities we've spotted along the way.
SO you might volunteer to:-
- Take a handful of questionnaires home and interview your neighbors or colleagues fitting them in in your own time.
- Set up in the Community Office to interview and host our occasional 'stall' there
- Help host a focus group or event getting people answering questions in creative ways
- Help set up some interviews or a group session at your work place, community group, parent meeting, coffee morning
- Help continue with our desk research
- Make refreshments for gatherings
We are looking for 2 or 3 committed individuals to get more involved in the Community Audit, including helping co-ordinate other volunteers.
We will refine roles in response to who applies so there is some flexibility, but to give an idea of hours and pay, we are looking 2 or 3 people, ideally representing a range of ages (from 16 upwards), who are active and interested in their community and the potential of this project. Enthusiasm, good communication and good organizational skills essential!
There will be approximately 15 days work each (again, flexible dependant on applicants) spread out from late July to late September.
Wages will be £5 to £10 per hour dependent on age, experience and responsibilities held. There may be opportunities for further work over the following year. If you are interested contact Iwan via Iwan@superact.org.uk or Toni via firstname.lastname@example.org
Or call Iwan on 07947 319 921
We look forward to hearing from you!